The Special Species team at UWVC is internationally recognized for their reptilian health research, as well as their commitment to bringing that expertise to your pet. Our specialists are experienced in the treatment of turtles and tortoises, lizards (including bearded dragons, geckos and iguanas), and snakes of all kinds.
Our wide range of general and advanced care services for reptiles include:
- Physical examinations
- Blood collection and fecal parasite exams
- Husbandry and dietary consultations
- Diagnostic imaging (including X-rays, CT scans and ultrasound)
- Management of reproductive disorders, such as egg binding
- State-of-the art anesthesia and sedation
We also provide advanced surgical procedures, including:
- Minimally invasive surgery (including endoscopy and laparoscopy)
- Urinary bladder stone removal in tortoises
- Minimally invasive reproductive tract surgery in turtles and tortoises
We are proud to have Wisconsin’s only board-certified zoological medicine specialists in exotic pets as a faculty member.