Looking for a veterinarian to care for your pocket pet? From rabbits and ferrets to rodents like chinchillas, guinea pigs, rats and hamsters, UWVC’s team is uniquely qualified to treat your special companion in our rabbit and small mammal clinic. We are proud to have a team consisting of many minds and years of experience working together as one for the best possible patient care.
Our Special Species Health Service provides general and advanced care for these pets, including:
- Routine wellness exams
- Dental services specifically for rabbits and rodents, including treatment of dental malocclusion and periodontal infections
- CT scans for evaluation of dental disease, respiratory disease and middle ear disorders
- Hormonal and surgical treatment of ferret adrenal disease
- Laser castration of male sugar gliders
- A variety of cancer treatment options, including surgery, chemotherapy and radiation therapy
We are proud to have Wisconsin’s only board-certified zoological medicine specialists in exotic pets as faculty members.