Do you need to find an avian veterinarian? Look no further! As part of UW Veterinary Care’s commitment to comprehensive care for all species, we provide general and advanced care for all pet birds, including parrots, finches, raptors, chickens, waterfowl, pigeons and doves. Our bird clinic is staffed by experienced veterinarians who are focused on special species and exotic animal care.
Our breadth of services for birds includes:
- Routine and comprehensive wellness exams
- Behavioral consultations for common disorders like feather plucking and aggression
- In-house blood testing
- Advanced imaging options such as digital x-rays, CT scans and ultrasound
- Minimally invasive surgery (endoscopic) for diagnostic biopsies, treatment of respiratory tract diseases and evaluation of reproductive organs
- Critical care services, including intravascular fluid therapy
- Medical and surgical management of reproductive disorders, such as egg binding
- Fracture and beak repair
Our specialists are also renowned for their experience in intranasal sedation, ensuring that your bird can safely enjoy a comfortable examination and treatment.
SCHEDULE A APPOINTMENT FOR YOUR BIRD:
Regular clinic hours are Monday through Friday, and our scheduling staff will assist you in finding an appointment with the right veterinary specialist based on your animal's needs at a time that works for you. Our emergency services for all species are also available 24/7 if your animal has a serious problem that requires immediate medical attention.