We understand that brain, spinal cord and other neuromuscular conditions can be scary for pet owners to navigate without support. The neurology team at UW Veterinary Care is here for you every step of the way, from initial diagnosis to treatment and recovery.
We are proud to give you and your pet access to not just one but three board-certified specialists. These experts are experienced in the management of a number of neurologic conditions, including:
- Brain tumors
- Epilepsy in dogs and cats
- Herniated discs
- Dog vestibular syndrome
- Spinal tumors
- Inflammatory diseases of the brain and spinal cord
As one of the largest veterinary hospitals in the state, our neurologic diagnostics are located on-site, making it quick and easy for our neurologists to work with board-certified radiologists to interpret results and get your pet on the path to recovery. Our state-of-the-art equipment includes:
- 1.5 MRI Tesla and CT for imaging of the brain and spinal cord
- Electrodiagnostic machine for hearing tests, evaluation of muscle and nerve function and diagnosis of epileptic seizures
- CUSA, an ultrasonic surgical aspirator that allows for faster and safer removal of brain and spinal tumors during surgery.
UWVC Neurology Team
- Heidi Barnes, DVM, DACVIM (Neurology)
- Starr Cameron, DVM, DACVIM (Neurology)
- Julien Guevar, DVM, MVM, DECVN, MRCVS
- Helena Rylander, DVM, DACVIM (Neurology)
- Casey Smith, DVM
- Tessa Smith, DVM
- Blake Webb, DVM
- Nicole Albert, CVT, Supervisor
- Nicole Hoffman, CVT
- Amy Wiltzius, CVT
MAKE AN APPOINTMENT
WITH A NEUROLOGIST:
Regular clinic hours are Monday through Friday, and our scheduling staff will assist you in finding an appointment with the right veterinary specialist based on your animal's needs at a time that works for you. Our emergency services for all species are also available 24/7 if your animal has a serious problem that requires immediate medical attention.
Disclaimer: Online scheduling is not operated by UW Veterinary Care. We are not responsible for the content associated with this link.