UW Veterinary Care’s cardiology experts take the confusion out of navigating complex heart health issues in animals. From heart murmurs and fainting episodes to high blood pressure and heart disease, our veterinary cardiologists are dedicated to guiding you through the best possible treatment plan in a friendly, approachable way.
Our in-house cardiac specialists and on-site diagnostics ensure that stress is minimized and convenience is optimized for you and your animal. From the initial exam to testing and evaluation, appointments are typically completed in less than a day. We also accommodate 24/7 emergencies without appointments and monitor seriously ill patients around the clock in our on-site critical care facility.
Our cardiac services include state-of-the-art equipment to detect and monitor cardiac and cardiovascular issues, including:
- Doppler echocardiography (ultrasound)
- Digital radiography
- Blood pressure measurements
- Event monitors
- Clinical trials for the treatment of acquired heart diseases and hypertension
- Evaluation and treatment of all species, including horses and exotic animals
- Cardiac certifications for breeding
UWVC Cardiology Team
- Heidi B. Kellihan, DVM, DACVIM (Cardiology)
- Rebecca L Stepien, DVM, DACVIM (Cardiology)
- Sonja Tjostheim, DVM, DACVIM (Cardiology)
- Kayla Grint, DVM
- Katherine Nadolny, DVM
- Nora Sheehan, DVM
- Nicole Albert, CVT, Supervisor
- Michele Dolson, CVT
- Kim Donahue, CVT
SCHEDULE A CARDIOLOGY APPOINTMENT:
Regular clinic hours are Monday through Friday, and our scheduling staff will assist you in finding an appointment with the right veterinary specialist based on your animal's needs at a time that works for you. Our emergency services for all species are also available 24/7 if your animal has a serious problem that requires immediate medical attention.