Department of Medical Sciences
Titles and Education
- Diplomate, ACVCP, 2012
- Diplomate, ACVIM, 2008
- Internship, University of Minnesota, 2004
- DVM, University of Wisconsin, 2003
- PhD, University of Massachusetts 1994
- B.A., Washington and Jefferson College, 1986
Oxidative stress and antioxidants therapy in health and disease, antibiotic stewardship, and canine bacterial cystitis
ResponsibilitiesClinical Assistant Professor
Section Head, Small Animal Internal Medicine
Clinical InterestsHematology, immune-mediated diseases, toxicology, and clinical pharmacology and therapeutics.
Viviano, KR and Ziglioli, V “Suspected isolated pancreatic enzyme deficiencies in Dogs” J. Vet Intern Med, 2013, In press.
- Viviano, KR and VanderWielen, B. “Effect of N-acetylcysteine supplementation on intracellular glutathione, urine isoprostanes, clinical score, and survival in hospitalized ill dogs” J Vet Intern Med, 2013, In press.
- Viviano KR and Webb JL. “Clinical Use of Cyclosporine as an Adjunctive Therapy in the Management of Feline Idiopathic Pure Red Cell Aplasia“, J Feline Med Surg. 2011; 13: 885-895.
- Branter E and Viviano KR. “Multiple Recurrent Pancreatic Cysts with Associated Pancreatic Inflammation and Atrophy in a Cat”, J Feline Med Surg, 2010; 12(10):822-827.
- Viviano KR, Goodman L, Grundahl L, VanderWielen B, Lavergne SN, Trepanier, LA. “Antioxidant Deficiencies in Clinically Ill Dogs and Cats”, J Vet Intern Med, 2009; 23:250-257.