Department of Surgical Sciences
Titles and Education
- 2015-Present - Clinical Associate Professor, Dentistry and Oromaxillofacial Surgery 2010-2015 - Clinical Assistant Professor, Dentistry and Oral Surgery 2009-2010 - Clinical Instructor, Dentistry and Oral Surgery 2006-2009 - Residency, Dentistry and Oral Surgery, University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI 2002-2003 - Internship, Alameda East Veterinary Hospital, Denver, CO 1998-2002 - DVM, Texas A&M University, College Station, TX 1994-1998 - BS, Biological Sciences, Texas Tech University, Lubbock, TX
- Development of non-destructive methods to evaluate dental biomechanics
- Multiscale characterization of dog dentin and enamel
- Evaluation of the relationship between form and function of the dog canine tooth
- Characterization of oral and maxillofacial pathology
- Clinical management of dentoalveolar and orofacial diseases
- Clinical teaching of veterinary students and residents
- Instruction of non-clinical veterinary students
- Section Head - Dentistry and Oral Surgery
- Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- Surgical Oncology
- Oral and Maxillofacial Pathology
PhD student in the Comparative Biomedical Sciences Program
- Soukup JW, Mulherin B, Snyder CJ
Prevalence and nature of dentoalveolar injuries associated with maxillofacial trauma in dogs and cats. J Small Anim Pract 2013 Jan;54(1): 9-14.
Soukup JW, Snyder CJ, Karls TL, Riehl J
Achievable convergence angle and the effect of preparation design on the clinical outcome of full veneer crowns in dogs. J Vet Dent 2011 Summer;28(2): 72-82.
Miles CR, Bell CM, Pinkerton ME, Soukup JW
Maxillary ameloblastic fibroma in a golden retriever. Vet Pathol 2011 July;48(4): 823-826.
Riehl J, Soukup JW, Collins C, Siverling S, Ploeg HL, Snyder CJ
The effect of surface area on the clinical outcome of full veneer crowns in dogs. J Vet Dent – Accepted 11/2012