Kayla Le, DVM, DACVS-LA
Department of Surgical Sciences
Titles and Education
- Assistant Clinical Professor – Large Animal Surgery
- Diplomate of the American College of Veterinary Surgeons (Large Animal) 2022
- Residency: Iowa State University College of Veterinary Medicine, Ames, IA
- Doctorate of Veterinary Medicine, 2014
- Kansas State University – Manhattan, KS
Dr. Le’s current reseach focuses on the development of teaching models for large animal procedures and biomechanical testing of equine mandibular fractures.
Dr. Le provides diagnostic and therapeutic care to large animal patients of UW Veterinary Care’s Large Animal Surgery Service while training house officers and instructing veterinary students. She teaches in several courses throughout the didactic curriculum. She is also the faculty advisor to the UW Madison SCAAEP.
Dr. Le enjoys all aspects of large animal surgery. Her particular clinical interests include upper airway surgery, minimally invasive surgery, and the treatment of neoplastic diseases in horses.