Department of Surgical Sciences
Titles and Education
2019 - Diplomate of the American Veterinary Dental College
2018-present - Clinical Assistant Professor, Dentistry and Oral Surgery
2001-2005 - DVM, Ontario Veterinary College, Guelph, Ontario, Canada
1992-1996 - BSc. Hon. Biological Sciences, University of Guelph, Ontario, Canada
- Clinical management of dentoalveolar and orofacial diseases and trauma
- Clinical instruction of veterinary students and residents
- Instruction of non-clinical veterinary students through lectures and labs
- Pursue research interests that add to the knowledge and clinical practice of dentistry and oral surgery
1. Thatcher G, Robat C, Bell C. Diagnosis and Management of an Oronasal Fistula Secondary to Nasal Transmissible Venereal Tumor iin a Dog. J. Vet. Vent Accepted for publication April, 2019.
2. Thatcher G. Diagnosis and Management of Class II Malocclusion in the Dog. Can Vet J. Accepted for publication April 2019.
3. Thatcher G. Endodontics: Standard Endodontic Treatment of a Discolored Maxillary Canine Tooth in a Dog. Vet Rec Case Repp. Accepted for publication March, 2019.
4. Thatcher G. Prosthodontic: Preparation and Cementation of a Full Coverage Metal Crown on a Fractured Maxillary Canine Tooth. Vet Rec Case Rep 2019;7:e000832.doi:10.1136
5. Thatcher G. Temporomandibular Joint Luxation in the Cat: Diagnosis and Management. Can Vet J. Sept, 2017. 58(9); 989-983
6. Thatcher G. Treatment of a Dentigerous Cyst in a Dog. Can Vet J. Feb, 2017. 58(2); 195-199
7. Liptak J, Thatcher G, Bray J. Reconstruction of a Mandibular Segmental Defect with a 3-dimensional-printed Titanium Prosthesis in a Cat with a Mandibular Osteosarcoma. J Am Vet Med Assoc. 2017 Apr 15;250(8):900-908