Heidi Barnes Heller
Department of Medical Sciences
Titles and Education
- DVM 2000, Michigan State University
- Internship 2001, University of Illinois
- Residency 2004, University of Florida
ResearchCurrent areas of research include seizure management and seizure classification in dogs and cats.
Dr. Barnes Heller has on going research investigating novel anti-seizure drugs, seizure monitoring and clinical trials evaluating novel treatment applications for anti-seizure drugs.
DVM, Michigan State University
Internship, University of Illinois (2000-2001)
Residency, University of Florida (2001-2004)
- Finnerty K, Barnes Heller, HL, Mercier M, et al. Therapeutic phenobarbital levels in feline seizure management. J Am Vet Med Assoc. 2014. 244(2): 195-9.
Mercier M, Barnes Heller HL. Efficacy of glucocorticoid monotherapy for treatment of canine meningoencephalomyelitis of unknown etiology: a prospective study in 16 dogs. J Med Sci; 2015: 1:16-22.
- Delamaide Gasper JA, Barnes Heller HL, Robertson M, et al. Therapeutic serum phenobarbital concentrations obtained using chronic transdermal administration of phenobarbital in healthy cats. J Feline Med Surg 2015, 17(4):359-363.
- Burkard Moon A, Barnes Heller H, Forrest L. Novel sterotactic radiotherapy in 4 dogs with intracranial neoplasia. Canadia Vet J 2016:57(5);519-522.
- Oliphant BJ, Barnes Heller HL, White J. Midline brain shift on MRI ans a prognostic indicator for survival in dogs with meningoencephalitis of unknown etiology: 2 cases. Vet Rad Ultrasound 2017 58(1): 38-42.
- Kolicheski A, Barnes Heller HL, Arnold A, et al. A homozygous PPT1 splice donor mutation in a Cane Corso Dog with neuronal ceroid lipofuscinosis. J Vet Intern Med. 2017; 31:149-157.
Barnard L*, Barnes Heller HL‡, Boothe DM. Serum levetiracetam concentrations following single dose levetiracetam in healthy cats. Journal of Veterinary Internal Medicine, 2017. 8 Nov; DOI: 10.1111/jvim.14863