With a full-service laboratory on-site, you can count on the fastest, most comprehensive diagnostic tests when you need answers about your pet’s health. Our Anatomic Pathology service analyzes all our tissue samples, and our Clinical Pathology service analyzes all other samples obtained from our patients. The veterinarians and technicians who make up our Laboratory Services specialize in these diagnostic areas, and we are proud to have them as part of our Veterinary Care team.
UW Veterinary Care provides a full-service clinical pathology laboratory, giving our pathologists and clinicians the ability to quickly study and diagnose a wide range of conditions on site.
The UW Veterinary Care laboratory staff work with state-of-the-art equipment to perform routine and specialized laboratory tests, including:
- Analysis of blood work to detect anemia and determine liver and kidney health
- Infectious disease detection
- Diagnosis of clotting disorders, urinary tract infections, and cancers
- Detection of parasites
The UWVC lab team is committed to working together and with your care team to get your pet back to better health quickly.
- Allison Dusick, DVM, DACVP (Clinical Pathology)
- Kristen Friedrichs, DVM, DACVP (Clinical Pathology)
- Nina Zitzer, DVM, PhD, DACVP
- Angela Borchers, DVM
- Omer Lerman, DVM, MSc
SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT:
Regular clinic hours are Monday through Friday, and our scheduling staff will assist you in finding an appointment with the right veterinary specialist based on your animal's needs at a time that works for you. Our emergency services for all species are also available 24/7 if your animal has a serious problem that requires immediate medical attention.
UW Veterinary Care provides a full-service anatomic pathology laboratory, giving our pathologists and clinicians the ability to quickly study and diagnose a wide range of conditions on-site.
With leading-edge laboratory facilities and equipment that support the study of tissue samples through routine and specialized staining tests, our expert team can provide diagnostic services to both UWVC and referred patients.
The Anatomic Pathology team works with other UWVC departments to keep our patients happy and healthy.
- Sophie Aschenbroich, DVM, PhD, DACVP
- LaTasha Crawford, VMD, PhD, DACVP
- David Gasper, DVM, PhD, DACVP
- Marie E. Pinkerton, DVM, DACVP
- Gillian C. Shaw, DVM, PhD, DACVP
- Leandro Teixeira, DVM, MSc, DACVP
- Megan Climans, DVM
- Erika Hoffeld, DVM
- Andrea Kerr, DVM
- Julia Wronski, DVM (start date July 2021)