Rabbits and Small Mammal Services
From rabbits and ferrets to rodents like chinchillas, guinea pigs, rats and hamsters, UWVC’s team is uniquely qualified to treat your special companion, with many minds working together as one for the best possible patient care.
Our Special Species Health Service provides general and advanced care for these pets, including:
- Routine wellness exams
- Dental services for rabbits and rodents, including treatment of dental malocclusion and periodontal infections
- CT scans for evaluation of dental disease, respiratory disease and middle ear disorders
- Hormonal and surgical treatment of ferret adrenal disease
- Laser castration of male sugar gliders
- A variety of cancer treatment options, including surgery, chemotherapy and radiation therapy
We are proud to have Wisconsin’s only board-certified zoological medicine specialist in exotic pets as a faculty member.