Complete Veterinary Care for Birds
As part of UW Veterinary Care’s commitment to comprehensive care for all species, we provide general and advanced care for birds, including parrots, finches, raptors, chickens, waterfowl, pigeons and doves.
Our breadth of services for birds includes:
- Routine wellness exams
- Comprehensive wellness exams
- Behavioral consultations for common disorders like feather plucking and aggression
- In-house blood testing
- Minimally invasive surgery (endoscopic) for diagnostic biopsies, treatment of respiratory tract diseases and evaluation of reproductive organs
- Critical care services, including intravascular fluid therapy
- Medical and surgical management of reproductive disorders, such as egg binding
- Fracture and beak repair
Our specialists are also renowned for their experience in intranasal sedation, ensuring that your bird can safely enjoy a comfortable examination and treatment.